Hello once again,
(Skip to the key updates for main info)
From the first update post asking whether to close this site to now 3 months later in this probably last update post, I have finally been able to fix the dead Drive links completely. Yes, that means every movie or tv series currently posted on the website has a working download link. So in case you visited a post some time ago and it didn’t have a working link, you can revisit now.
Although I suppose it wouldn’t mean much to others, but I had been hoping to arrive at this since last year.
The links started dying majorly in the later half of 2019. Because I was busy with IRL stuff, I couldn’t pay much attention to the slowly dying links or making new posts.
Finally, when I had free time and could do something about all that, I made the update post, where most suggested starting to release new content instead of closing, as 80% of the posts did not have a working link.
That is perhaps ideal as fresh content is preferable than old one. But keeping only working posts and deleting the rest, I believed the site would be good as dead with losing almost all of its content.
So I half focused on new content and half on fixing old one. But I didn’t find doing that peaceful as there would be daily new comments on some old post about links being dead. Due to that every time there was a notification of new comment, there half a worry that its one about not working links.
Because of all this, I put attention away from making new posts and spent hours daily on just fixing on old stuff. That’s why there haven’t really been new posts recently, sorry about that. Anyways, the work was finished today.
The key updates:
- All the movies and TV series have a working Drive link. So if there was a post you visited with a dead link, you are welcome to try again. Leave a comment if there’s any issues.
- Following up on the above point. If you aren’t able to find a post which existed before, it was probably deleted to be posted again.
- Movies and TV shows which got a newer release by the same uploader or group will have a new post.
eg. Dunkirk originally had a post in 2018. But as there was an updated release by Tigole, it got a new post which you might have seen recently. It’s 4K version is fine, so still has an older post. There are more examples like Sicardo, Terminator, Hacksaw Ridge, Blade Runner, Revenant etc.
Similarly for TV shows Planet Earth had a new release by Silence, Joy’s House MD 10bit release, Sherlock, etc.
It’s same as when an older tv show with web-rip season gets BluRay release, eg. Lucifer got S4 BluRay recently, so will be posting that as new.
- Some movies with missing 2160p release will be added: eg. Detective Pikachu only has 1080p post currently. SAMPA has been posting 4K release of many old movies, eg. Crazy Rich Asian, etc. TV Show like Dynasties is also an example.
- Most of the movies and TV Shows which didn’t have Featurretes/Extras now have them.
This was the case particularly for old posts, you are welcome to browse them again if needed.
- All the movies now have added genres as tags eg. Fantasy, Animation, Documentary for anyone interested in that.
I will be adding links or drop-down menu for the tags soon.
- Majority of screenshots were hosted on extraimage domain. Those ones are mostly dead, so have been removed.
With the cleanup done, it’s also now possible to take rest from this. As even if there aren’t new releases, I feel that the around 1000 total posts are an alright little collection for download.
For near future focus will be on posting updated releases mentioned above. During organizing files I discovered some old movie files which didn’t have a post. Also I had been noting some requests ocassionally from the comments, so there are pending posts for TV shows like Supernatural, The Americans, Homeland etc.
So basically the large backlog of pending releases will be cleared first.
Once that’s done and I’m running out of things to post, I’ll think about perhaps opening the request section.
I had purposely not done so before despite getting them in comments here and there in regular posts, because with expereince of taking requests till last year, I knew the requests would be just lying around unfulfilled, and it would become a frustrating expereince for me as well as you.
Although no guarantees.
I doubt there will be any new update post, atleast for a long while. Just wanted to share my ramblings.
If you have given all this a read, you’re awesome.
Stay safe and happy downloading.